As a Quality Engineer, you help define the quality management system (QMS) requirements within the core processes of Oceaneering’s quality culture. You also ensure that the manufacturing processes for all projects are carried out within those guidelines. Responsibilities include identifying, tracking, and helping to resolve quality issues quickly to ensure customer zero impact. You are also responsible for participating in multiple complex projects that require innovative original solutions where results are the key to the successful completion of these projects.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Quality Engineer who enjoys working in a team environment to develop and implement best practices emphasizing defect prevention, reduction of variation and waste, ensuring continuous improvements in meeting all customer and business requirements .
Essential tasks and responsibilities?
- Support the company’s strategic plan;
- Support quality initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements;
- Assess/analyze the effectiveness of improvement programs and/or tools, using PDCA, Six Sigma, Kaizen and/or Lean Techniques;
- Support the development of quality engineering and quality compliance with the right skills for new product introductions and product lifecycle management;
- Ensure compliance and assist in compliance with the company and division specific Quality Management System (QMS);
- Lead and/or support continuous improvement initiatives and continuous improvement training, as requested, by other functional departments;
- Work closely with engineering to ensure requirements defined as Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) and/or Critical-to-Process (CTP) are defined, understood, aligned with current capabilities and managed to to ensure conformity;
- Review and approve drawings and technical change orders as part of the system workflows, when applicable;
- Manage all quality related matters within the product team (eg internal, supplier and/or customer);
- Leading problem-solving initiatives on supplier components;
- Visit suppliers to resolve product performance issues;
- Collect data and perform/execute various analytical/statistical analyzes and interpretations as part of process improvements and day-to-day support;
- Stop production or assembly in case of manufacturing of unacceptable product or process;
- Stay on top of current and evolving manufacturing and engineering trends related to product quality;
- Attend various meetings and take action/communicate status or instructions;
- Work with other quality engineers from each division as needed to facilitate collaboration and sharing best practices.
- Additional tasks or special projects as required;
- Travel may be necessary.
Qualifications for this position?
- HBO education in mechanical engineering or related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of quality control experience in a production environment or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in an ISO9001 QMS;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, verbally and in writing;
- Experience with MS Office;
- Strong written communication (research reports, business correspondence and/or job creation);
- Ability to interpret and clearly explain complex mechanical design drawings and documentation;
- Must be able to perform well both autonomously and in a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, customers and authoritie agencies
- Practical experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis methods.
As this function is classified as INDOOR/OFFICE WORK and is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day;
- Occasional exposure to workplace airborne dust;
- Work surface is stable (flat);
- Requires working indoors under controlled conditions;
- Tasks are performed in close proximity to other people;
- Physical activity/requirements.
The physical requirements described here are representative of the requirements an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to allow persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- lifting up to 10 kg;
- Climb, bend, kneel, squat and reach.
- Lifting up to 5 kg;
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands;
- Sit with back supported;