As an International Maintenance Engineer the challenge is to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGV) for our customers worldwide. This includes, but is not limited to; maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and the provision of other services necessary to support our customers with their operational AGV systems. As an International Maintenance Engineer, you are also responsible for ensuring that our systems remain up-to-date and continue to function according to customer expectations. Furthermore, as an International Maintenance Engineer you become the most important representative of our company towards our customers, and therefore you also represent Oceaneering commercially. You continuously build an intensive relationship with your customers and try to recognize new business opportunities within your work environment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer with a passion for technology who can apply electrical, mechanical and software skills to search the technical documentation of the system to determine the cause of problems and then develop and implement solutions to the problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You are independently responsible for the maintenance of our AGV systems at clients;
- You independently perform repairs, maintenance, troubleshooting and provide other services to our AGV systems and, if necessary, assist with installation or assembly work;
- Identify, present and implement improvement actions as a result of audits, inspections, defect reports, incident investigations, etc.;
- Propose creative, effective and innovative solutions to problems;
- Provide regular status updates to both customer and internal sources, and complete service reports for customer visits;
- Represent our company by maintaining customer relationships and communicating closely with the customers on the ground;
- Develop detailed service reports to use for customer communications, quality improvements and billing;
- Coach or provide technical guidance to less experienced colleagues;
- Be flexible and willing to travel at least 50% of your working hours to perform services for our clients. Travel may be necessary at short notice;
- Report directly to the Service Coordinator of Oceaneering AGV Systems;
- While on assignment you report to the Customer.