Would you like to work as a Java Software Engineer. Then check out this great challenge we have for you at Oceaneering!
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our Linux based AGV software suite (both at SCADA level and embedded/vehicle level). Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the software systems meet customer specifications and work within their site constraints. You will provide both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that deliver optimal automation performance. Given that we have global customers, you will be willing to travel and spend several weeks at a time abroad. You will be responsible for a successful installation at the customer’s site.
Who are we looking for?
You will plan and instruct our service engineers on the problems and tasks they need to perform, such as inspecting, analyzing, repairing, maintaining, installing and commissioning our products and systems.
You recognize yourself in this:
- You have a technical Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science, automation technology or information technology) or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing application software for technical applications;
- Proficient with Linux and knowledge of Windows operating systems;
- Experience with programming in Linux;
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design methodologies and design patterns;
- Experience writing multithreaded software;
- Experience programming serial, CAN and network communications (UDP and TCP);
- Experience writing operating systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Dutch and German is an advantage;
- Ability to act independently and generate innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Experience with integration with business systems such as databases, ERP systems and factory automation systems;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment.