As an International Commissioning Engineer, your challenge is to install and commission new Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems in both our production facilities and our customer/supplier locations worldwide. This includes gaining knowledge of product design and production from the project team. You are a key factor in testing the vehicles and preparing before going to the customer, installing the complete systems, installing/updating the software, commissioning the vehicles and ensuring that the complete customer systems work to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. In the end, you complete your work by training the customer and handing over the operational systems to its end users.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a commissioning engineer who would like to take on the challenge of supporting other required services, such as maintaining our operational install base. You will apply your electrical, mechanical and software skills to search everywhere for the root cause of problems and then develop and implement solutions to those problems. From time to time, you may be asked to support Oceaneering’s Hotline Helpdesk to assist our customers through our remote services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering and technical work under the direction of the Project Manager at project sites, such as software configuration, hardware calibration, log analysis, failure diagnosis through test & trial to commission the system and equipment;
- Develop and implement in collaboration with the Project Manager and Site Manager the necessary plans for the implementation, integration, verification and validation of the AGV System;
- Act as a point of contact at the project locations assigned to you for all engineering and technical activities;
- Collect, analyze, and summarize business and technical data to configure and commission systems to meet design parameters as stated in the system requirements documentation;
- Observe and study equipment performance, system operating modes, and system performance results to anticipate operational issues and prepare the system for final acceptance testing;
- Review requirements, schedules, and technical documentation related to the product for troubleshooting technical problems and system failures at project sites;
- Facilitate and support technical problem solving by providing onsite assistance to onsite or remote Subject Matter Experts from various technical disciplines;
- Support the project manager and engineering teams with engineering reports regarding the detailed condition and technical progress of the system delivery;
- Liaise with the system engineers to resolve any technical or technical conflicts that arise during commissioning at project sites with root causes that can be traced back to the system or product design;
- Travel to project sites on repetitive schedules or (sometimes) on short notice to resolve technical issues and deficiencies;
- Provide advice and guidance to technical personnel designated by the customer to provide support and training;
- Independently perform repairs, maintenance, troubleshooting and provide other services to our AGV systems and, if necessary, assist with installation or assembly work;
- Identify, present and implement improvement actions as a result of audits, inspections, defect reports, incident investigations, etc.
- Support the development and production of new products with knowledge gained at the project site;
- Contribute to improving new AGV systems, equipment and products under development;
- Support for general engineering and technical activities related to equipment development and product documentation;
- Coordinating, planning, organizing, leading and controlling commissioning activities under the direction of the project manager to implement and deliver the scope of work as stated in the contract.