As an AGV Application Engineer you will be responsible for implementing, testing, supporting and installing our AGV software (both SCADA and embedded/vehicle level). From day to day you will configure the existing vehicle software framework as needed for new projects and installed base. This includes generating AGV layouts, implementing traffic rules, optimizing vehicle parameters, calibrating vehicles, and testing software in simulation and on actual devices. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the software systems meet customer specifications and operate within their site constraints. You will provide both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal automation performance. Given that we have global customers, you will be willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time. You will support the successful installation at the customer’s site.
What are your essential duties and responsibilities?
- Responsible for implementing and testing the control software for AGV systems at supervisory and vehicle level;
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues;
- Testing the application software and interfaces with the vehicle;
- Writing requirements, detailed design documentation and test cases;
- Supporting the commissioning and operation of AGV systems;
- Analyze and modify traffic and logic rules to optimize material flow and vehicle performance;
- Continuously improve our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Application Engineer who knows how to work independently and strive for the best solution. In addition, you have the opportunity to work in an international team. You will cultivate and promote our company values: integrity, collaboration, courage, excellence.
The qualifications for this position
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- Completed technical bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, automation technology or information technology or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing application software for industrial applications;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Experience programming serial, CAN and network communications (UDP and TCP);
- Understanding of network hardware and software including UDP and TCP;
- Experience writing requirements, design documentation and test cases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch and German is an advantage.